The only thing constant is Change; while this soulful fact is applied in human life, change is also an undeniable concept in the world of digital marketing. So far the world has evolved from no internet to technology driven industries, and marketing run by digital means. These changes are a constant reminder that digital marketers need to be on their toes and brace modern methods of marketing.
A digital marketing expert is known to serve the market with their versatile skills and latest information on hand. Social media is the most unpredictable platform where changes can take place at any second of the day. So whether you are a newbie or a well among the top digital marketing experts, do not slide away from the things brewing in the marketing world.
Speaking of the top digital marketers in the world, our industry is filled with a number of digital influencers competing to be the best. These marketers are thriving to provide services such as content marketing, SEO, website management, etc. to become one stop solution for the customers.
In a field that is gaining so much traction lately, building a niche might be easy but building a name for yourself is purely result-driven. The reason behind mentioning the names of these digital marketing luminaries stems from a dyad. Firstly, theY have stood the test of time and alterations in the industry. Their ability to thrive through all the transformations of the digital space over the years has enabled them to put their names on the world map with the help of their adaptable proficiency.
Secondly, their trajectories act as a beacon of hope for all those who are planning on venturing into this sector but do not know where to start or how to learn about the innumerable extensions of the umbrella term “digital marketing.” They have mastered a technical acumen robust enough to ride the tide of changing norms.
However, apart from the tools and technology, the ladder to stay ahead in the market is to follow the work of renowned digital marketing influencers. From the ocean, here are 50 picks of the world’s top digital experts to inspire you.
- Neil Patel: The leader in SEO industry has been honored by Forbes among the top 10 online marketers. Having founded Crazy Egg, Quick Sprout, and KISSMetrics, his online marketing tactics are well recognized across the globe. Apart from this, he regularly educates the audience and fellow writers with his blogs published across Forbes, TechCrunch, Entepreneur.com.
- Gary Vaynerchuk: Gary Vaynerchuk is the CEO of VaynerMedia who sells his work being one of the social media marketing leader. He also recognizes himself as a public speaker talking about the digital marketing, social media marketing at various events. The guy has excelled as one of the first e-commerce marketing and YouTube influencers.
- Rand Fishkin: The leading expert of SEO, Rand Fishkin is the founder of MOZ who is today known as one of the top digital marketing influencers. Known for his SEO skills, Fishkin runs a consulting company “SparkToro” which is recognized for its excelling SEO services. His SEO techniques and blog have been a major source of inspiration for marketers across the globe.
- Ryan Deiss: Ryan Deiss is known among the top marketers for many reasons but the one thing that makes him stand out is his invention of popular method “customer value optimization”. His unique online marketing skills has led his company DigitialMarketer.com to become the leading organization in providing training and tools for digital marketers.
- Bhavik Sarkhedi: Bhavik Sarkhedi started his journey with his online presence as a writer. Today, he is the founder of Write Right, a content writing company that works to build the online presence of businesses and startups. His significant contribution as a freelance writer in YourStory, HuffingtonPost, Entrepreneur Magazine has gained him the tag of leading content consultant is the digital age.
- Larry Kim: Facebook marketing is evolving alongside the rest of digital platforms, which brings us to Larry Kim who has made a mark with these strategies for the same. Larry Kim is successfully managing the leading digital marketing platforms, MobileMonkey Inc. and WordStream. On top of that he is also seen as the top 8th author on Medium.com.
- Ann Handley: Ann handley is the author of 6 books that preach the Knick and knacks of content marketing and business writing models. Her books have been a value addition and also recognized as Wall street bestseller. Handley’s major contribution as a content consultant comes from her write ups on content marketing, work culture, and “How to write” blogs makes her a top-notch marketer in the society.
- Pam Moore: Pam Moore has been recognized by Forbes for her profound work as consultant, speaker, and author who sheds light on optimization techniques and branding. Known to begin as a social media marketing specialist, Moore has strong base of online optimization that has helped a number of fellow marketers.
- Jay Baer: Jay Baer is known for his unique outlook towards marketing. The bestselling author believes in the value generated by word of mouth and viral marketing. Customer is the king and Jay Baer, lives upon this slogan by working on customer engagement and retention strategy. Baer is also known to be managing, Convince and Convert digital marketing agency.
- Neal Schaffer: It is the age and growing trend of social media, and Neal Schaffer, who is a speaker, influencer, and writer is considered among the skilled marketers in the industry. He has written a few books and guides on social media marketing, that include his tried and tested practices. Platforms like Forbes, USA today, and Mashable leverage on content provided by Schaffer.
- Lilach Bullock: Lilach Bullock is a recognized expert in the field of content marketing along with other achievements as a speaker, strategist, and influencer. Forbes and oracle the leading platforms look her up among the top social media influencers. Thus, Bullock comes across at least once for people looking for authentic and smart lead generation activities.
- Shane Barker: Shane barker specializes in providing digital services to A-list celebrities looking for product and service promotion. Also, he has an established presence in content marketing, sales promotion, and SEO tactics. Alongside, he also has an up and running content marketing agency, Content solutions.
- Gael Breton: Gael Breton known for his online marketing and inbound marketing tactics, is also the co-founder and chief editor of Authority hacker. With the tactics he presents in the digital marketing field, Breton has also been a public speaker at Oxford University, Harvard Business school, and General Assembly.
- Eric Siu: Eric Siu first came to the light when he appeared alongside Neil Patel as the co-host in Marketing school podcast. Siu has a reachable profile on LinkedIn, where top companies with over $5million revenue can approach him directly. Additionally, his industry experience is wide and with top companies like Amazon, Nordstorm, and UBER for the creation of digital strategies.
- Justyn Howard: Sprout Social, one of the leading social media and software company has Justyn Howard as its CEO. His work has helped reach more than 24000 companies to build its online presence and improve software services within the organization. His expertise in social media channels, makes him stand in the list of top digital marketing influencers.
- Joe Pulizzi: Content marketing strategies and educational speaker, Joe Pullizi is also the founder of Content marketing institute. Among all his top works some of them include writing best-sellers like Content Inc., Killing marketing, and Epic content marketing. recognized by Fortune magazine for his notable novels, you can find and follow his work on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Tommy Griffith: Looking for a training course that comes from experienced and skilled mind? Well then, Tommy Griffith has his own digital marketing training platform that specializes in SEO along with email, content, paid advertising. He started off his career as the SEO manager of PayPal and Airbnb which were one the biggest contributors of his SEO skills today.
- Matt Bailey: Matt Bailey, the bestselling author is here to make the life of marketing people a little less complicated. His digital marketing strategies are as straight and simple as water. Bailey is known convert the complex ideas of the content marketing industry and explain them in layman’s language.
- Jeff Bullas: Jeff Bullas name appears in Forbes among the “Top 50 Social media power influencers”. His role as a content marketing influencer and frequent updates on Instagram marketing strategies bring him in the A-list of marketing people. Jeff Bullas comes up with updates that helps keep marketers up to date and on their toes.
- Jennifer Polk: Jennifer Polk brings her expertise as multichannel as well as a digital marketer. Jennifer delivers her research strategy by working at Gartner and imparts her tactics on digital marketing tactics. Polk also has presence and wide connection on LinkedIn, where digital marketers can find and contact her for professional consulting.
- Kim Garst: Kim Grast can be most popularly known for her Tweets on marketing tips. Her digital presence is highly credible because of being recognized as “Top 10 Social Media Power Influencers by Forbes”. Along with her other notable works, Garst is also known to have delivered consulting services to Microsoft, Mastercard, and IBM. If you are on the way to approach social media strategies, Kim Grast is the one any marketer should look up to.
- Jon Morrow: Jon Morrow started his small journey working for CopyBlogger as the associate editor. It was his authenticity and credibility of write ups that scaled him to start his own company “Smart Blogger”.
- Alvin Hussey: Beano Studios, the children comic leverages on the skills of Alvin Hussey as the Commercial director of the company. His curation strategies are considered to be authentic and children-friendly which has acted as a guidance for creation strategies. Some of his key work areas also include, public speaker and digital marketing influencer.
- Anita Perez: Of many SEO strategist, Anita Perez has made a name in the industry by listing herself among the first 10 people to become a Google AdWords professional. Her passion and niche revolves around building and preaching SEO tactics and social media strategies.
- Brian Solis: Brian Solis is known in the market for his brilliant and creative approach towards digital strategies. His tactics are different from the rest of digital experts in the market, as he develops and applies futurist trends and innovative technologies on business.
- Sundeep Kapur: Sundeep kapur has established his niche in working majorly for financial institutions, looking for digital marketing strategies. Kapur specializes in email marketing and also conducts workshops to deliver tried and tested tactics. With the presence of his regular column on ClickZ, you can easily follow and learn from his work.
- Danny Sullivan: Danny Sullivan is currently serving Google with his research and analytical skills. Over the years, Sullivan has developed his niche by working as the editor of Search Engine Land and Marketing land. Later, he also was the co-founder of Third Door Media which published the journals of Marketing Land.
- Ian Cleary: Ian Cleary is an award winning social media blogger, recognized by Social Media Examiner. His praiseworthy work has been seen on the platforms like Forbes, VentureBeat, Huffington Post and Social Media Examiner. Apart from his contribution as a marketer, Cleary is also the founder of Razor Social, which is accounted as the top marketing and online training blog.
- Kirsty Hulse: The SEO expert Kirsty is also known to have founded an agency solely for freelance workers. It is her confidence and creativity that reflects as a public speaker and best-selling author. Digital marketers looking for updates and inspiration can find the work of Hulse on content marketing, creativity trainer, and entrepreneurship skills on LinkedIn.
- Bruce Clay: Internet marketing world has to say thanks to Bruce Clay for his notable inventions like SEO plugin, Search Engine Relations, but most importantly, the guy is responsible for creation of first web page analysis tool. His internet optimizing company has preached a lot of marketers to adopt as well as invent new strategies.
- Scott Stratten: Ever heard marketing in a disrupted way? Well Scott Straten would be one the first digital influencers to apply out of the box practices. Stratten is the president of Un-Marketing and is a well curated speaker when it comes to creating an innovation/disruption in the field of marketing.
- Himanshu Sharma: Himanshu has proved his excellence in the field of analytics and digital marketing, but his most recognized achievement is the nomination for “digital analytics association awards excellence”. His profound experience as a web analytic allows him to help other professionals and business owners to gain more traction.
- Erik Huberman: Huberman is recognized as keynote speaker in the field of digital marketing. His legacy and creation, Hawke Media, a marketing consultancy has been growing at a rapid speed in the USA. Erik has well directed the company and as a result the consultancy has served hugs brands like RedBull, Wireless, Alibaba, and more.
- Avinash Kaushik: Avinash Kaushik has made his mark in the digital agency by authoring bestselling books like Web Analytics: An Hour a Day and Web Analytics 2.0. Given his caliber and contribution as a web analyst, he has received the honor of most influential industry contributor.
- Perry Marshall: Perry Marshal stands out from the rest of the digital influencers for his expertise in providing best AdWords solution. His curation as an author makes him the most remarkable marketer and Google adverting recognized him as one the most quoted influencer.
- Tim Ferriss: Tim Ferris recognizes himself as the teacher of digital marketing, leadership, and management. His influence as a marketer involves a 4-hour work week book being listed as best-seller on Wall Street Journal and New York Times’.
- Lindsey Anderson: The host of marketing podcasts like The Traffic and Lead Podcast and PDX Small Business Network Podcast, talks to small business about their marketing goals. Anderson is also known as her marketing name i.e. One-click Lindsey for her invention of The Click technique. Lindsey has a knack in converting websites up and running that are sitting dead in water.
- Peter Shankman: Peter Shankman is the person of the customers, who believes in Customers, Companies, and People. His company “Help a Reporter Out” is a platform for online journalist to grab global attention and feedback from the readers.
- Leonard Kim: Leonard Kim is one of the vocal marketing influencers whose speeches on TED talks has been an inspiration for newbie digital marketers. His branding expert techniques and digital marketing knacks can be followed by looking upon his work on Twitter and his personal website. To understand the latest updates and best-working techniques, all marketing people should make note of his contribution.
- Joanna Wiebe: Copywriting has become the new age concept of marketing and Joanna Wiebe is among the popular names in Copywriters. The founder of AirStory, a document builder for writers, Wiebe has set a bench mark for all the upcoming copywriters. Her industry experience of 15 years makes her a person well versed with all the old and new tactics of time.
- Bernie Borges: The well-known author of Marketing 2.0, also hosts the Modern Marketing Engine Podcast. His services go beyond the national borders as he runs the company, Vengreso as the co-founder and the Chief Customer Officer. Borges in his association with Vengreso, is also the founder and CEO of Find and Convert which successfully serves the B2B clients across the USA.
- Brian Dean: The master skills of SEO marketing and blog copy skills comes from Brian Dean and his experience in the industry. Dean is also known for his award winning blog and is a leading influencer in SEO marketing. His famous entrepreneur skills, blogs on Backlink, and link building resources has put his name as the “brilliant entrepreneur” in Entrepreneur magazine.
- Christopher Penn: Christopher Penn works at the position of Chief Data Scientist at Trust Insights where he has contributed to the business growth with his analytical skills, digital marketing tactics, data science and machine learning. Penn is an IBM champion in the field of IBM Data and AI making him a leading professional in the field of research analysis. Christopher Penn is also listed among the people of Google Analytics Certified Professional, Hubspot Inbound Certified Professional, and Google Ads Certified Professional. Over a dozens of marketing books authored by him are surfing the market, a few of them based on AI are also best-sellers.
- Bill Slawski: Bill Slawski is serving the digital industry since 1996. With more than 24 years of experience, Slawski is one of the largest contributors of SEO marketing and tactics. Bill Slawski the founder and president of Seobythesea, a search engine optimization blog has also written blogs for the purpose of education and to keep a track on latest and tested SEO patents.
- Jason Hennessey: The CEO of Hennessey Digital, Jason is an internationally recognized SEO expert and speaker. He is also well known for his business solutions and entrepreneur skills. Jason has been extensively working on reverse-engineering the Google Algorithm and probing the clients based on SEO and search marketing tactics. As a keynote speaker and frequent guest on various podcasts, Jason’s style of marketing can be adapted by the budding digital marketing influencers across the globe.
- Juntae DeLane: Juntae DeLane has leveraged his digital marketing skills by offering solutions to businesses and startups through his company, Digital Branding Institute. His experience in the industry is with brands like Coca-Cola, Sony, Verzion, Paramount Pictures, and many more. Recognized as the top social media influencer, DeLane has also delivered talks for organizations like Social media week, Content marketing world, etc.
- Seth Godin: Seth Godin is a renowned marketing strategist who has made his presence on various platforms like YouTube, Podcasts, website, and books. Godin is regarded as the best-selling author and speaker for his effective marketing and leadership. Seth is also the founder of two companies, Squidoo and Yoyodyne which are now acquired by Yahoo!.
- Mitch Joel: Mitch Joel is popularly known as the President of Twist Image, a digital marketing agency. His association with WPP earned a lot of experience and skills which later regarded him as “one of North America’s leading visionaries”. Mitch Joel is also a columnist and journalist for I Heart Radio, Harvard Business Review, and Inc. Magazine.
- Aleyda Solis: Alyeda Solis makes her mark in the industry as one of the top online marketing experts. Her SEO expertise reaches across 15 countries as she has spoken for more than 60 conferences.
- Jeff Sheehan: Known for his viral marketing tactics, Jeff Sheehan own a marketing company, under the name Sheehan marketing strategies. Among his various expertise, Sheehan works on his two particular niche platforms, i.e. LinkedIn and Twitter marketing
As easy as it may sound to some, digital marketing is no child’s play. It requires having a comprehensive knowledge of the latest digital currents that are governing the market trends. It also commands having an acute insight into what the customer wants and what will make them “click” and connect to the brand.
Digital marketing isn’t solely about selling products to people. It is about interacting with them through a well-crafted narrative that the audience can connect with. It’s about figuring out what appeals to them and why. A well-established and experienced digital marketing expert will be able to adapt swiftly to all the industry changes, as well as continuously work towards upgrading their existing skills and aptitudes in order to avoid becoming obsolete in this ever-evolving line of work.
All the aforementioned people hold a creative edge that helps them experiment with a range of marketing approaches within a stipulated or even a tight budget because digital marketing has been their forte for so many years now.