The step of writing the Statement of Purpose is one of the most important and a must-have while applying to a foreign university to study. This one single document is of paramount importance as it shows your entire personality. Also, a big part of the final decision regarding getting admission is based on this document.
What Is The SOP Format for German Universities?
Every country requires a different format of SOP according to the needs of the admission committee. SOP format for German Universities is different from other countries as getting admission into a German college is more difficult as compared to others. German Universities usually require a LOM – Letter of Motivation. Each college or University would have different requirements of what is needed to be mentioned in the document. A well-written essay for Germany is extremely necessary as these days many students are applying for admission in the country. Thus, the competition rises, so what sets you different from these students should be reflected well in your SOP.
Step-By-Step Guide Of The SOP For German Universities
- Prepare the CV- Curriculum Vitae. This helps in not repeating the same details.
- What are the requirements of the course? And how they align with your career needs.
- Enumerate and summaries all the previous incidents in your life that have shaped you into the person you are today. Talk about your hobbies, vision, aim, values and strengths.
- You now have an idea of what exactly to pen down, so start in bullet points. Do not break the flow as editing can be done towards the end.
- Do mention your expectations from the course and the University. Then, mention how the course would help you achieve the same.
- You must mention whatever professional and academic experience you have gained previously in life. Then, explain how they have shaped your personality.
- Try to summaries your overall performance in the context of curricular, as well as, extra-curricular front.
Tips to improve the SOP
- Be consistent and do not break the flow. Also, maintain a proper order.
- Adhere to the SOP format for German Universities.
- Include how the University would help you excel and achieve your dreams.
- Do thorough research of the University and the course.
- SOP should contain your short-term and long-term life and career goals.
- Proofread the SOP. Then, get the final editing done by a professional or with the many apps available on the web.
Mistakes to avoid
- Do not write your SOP in a hurry. This should not happen as no matter how good of the marks you score and how much experience you have if you have not shown it well in your SOP, it all simply goes waste.
- Dull and uninspiring opening and closing are to be strictly avoided. Thus, how you start your SOP is what sets the tone of the entire document. Also, don’t mess up the end as it sums up the whole essence of the SOP.
How can you draft a Uni-assist SOP for a German University?
After knowing every essential requisite to create a Germany SOP, you also need to know the steps for drafting a Uni-assist SOP for Germany. When you compare the SOP for universities of other nations with Germany, you can find German university SOPs to be comparatively easy to create. Most of the universities in Germany look for applicants who are academic experts. Thus, you need to create SOPs focusing on highlighting your academic achievements. There are a few questions that you can always conclude in your German University SOP. Here is what you should include:
Why, as an applicant, do you want to read in Germany instead of your nation?
This is the answer that most evaluators look for in your SOPs. So, you can always provide the answer that how Germany is comparatively more beneficial for you. You can also let the reader know the reasons why you have chosen any specific university above others.
Why are you the right person for the desired program?
The next answer that will make your SOP for Germany inevitable is showing how you are perfect for the program you are choosing. You can showcase yourself as a fit candidate for continuing the program. What will support you here is the skills and knowledge that you have accumulated in your past qualifications. If you have any relatable work experience, you should also mention them.
Mention your professional goal after pursuing the desired program
German Universities are quite prevalent and witness a lot of applications. The most strong reason for that is the affordable program offering. In such cases, if you have a significant goal in your professional career that will benefit mankind, you can mention that. You can also add what you can do to contribute your part to the betterment of the nation.
You now have a proper idea in terms of what is the format for your SOP. Just remember to keep in mind not to extend the word limit or astray from the main purpose of the document. and you can also check the sample SOP. In addition to this, keep revising your essay to minimize mistakes.